6 Signs That You’re in Need of Sewer Repair
- Drain & Sewer
Sewer Repair in Sacramento by America’s Plumbing Co.
Do you need sewer repair in Sacramento? Maybe your home is your hobby and you look forward to performing maintenance and doing upgrades on your days off. Maybe it’s an investment in your future and you don’t hesitate to have professionals work on it to increase its value. Or perhaps it’s simply the safe, comfortable place where your family relaxes and you want to keep it that way at all costs. Whatever your home means to you, if your sewer isn’t in good shape, then the truth is that your hobby, investment, safe place, or all of the above could be at risk—and you need to take immediate action.
Do You Need Sewer Repair?
Here’s how you can tell if your sewer might be in need of repair:
- There’s an unpleasant odor in and around your property. If the sewer line is damaged, waste water could be escaping into the foundation or the ground around your home. If this is the case, you’ll notice an unpleasant smell. There could also be an unpleasant odor coming from the drains.
- Water is slow to drain. If your sewer line has caved in or become clogged for some other reason, then waste water can’t drain away properly. You’ll most likely notice this with the bath and shower first, then the toilet, and then any sinks. Note that if only one drain doesn’t run off properly, it’s more likely an indication of a blockage in that drain rather than a damaged sewer.
- There are frequent sewage backups. If waste water can’t run off properly, then you’ll start to notice the sewer backing up. This is not only unpleasant; it’s also very unhygienic. If this is happening in your home, call America’s Plumbing for sewer repair in Sacramento.
- A noticeable increase in the number of critters around your home. Raw sewage attracts all sorts of unpleasant pests—and those pests attract larger predators. If you start to notice more insects, rats, and other critters than usual, then you’ve likely got a problem with your sewer.
- There’s waste water pooling in your driveway or yard. If the waste water is leaking out of the sewer but can’t run off, it will start to pool in your driveway or yard, depending on where the sewer line runs.
- Your plants are doing better than ever. If there’s a part of your yard where the plants or lawn suddenly start doing much better, it could indicate a broken sewer line. The plants will feed off the nutrients they capture from the leaking waste water.
Call America’s Plumbing Co When You Need Sewer Repair in Sacramento!
A damaged sewer line needs to be repaired immediately. If you don’t get it fixed in a timely manner, the leaking waste water can impact the structure of your home and pose a significant health risk to you and your family. And regardless of how good a DIY plumber you are, this is one job you want done by a professional. Always remember to call around for some quotes, and before choosing a plumber, follow up on his or her references or reviews to make sure previous customers were satisfied with the work performed.
For all your plumbing needs, call America’s Plumbing today!